Saturday 27 February 2016

58/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Two Sons in me (Mt 21:28-32)

58/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Two Sons in me (Mt 21:28-32)

What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’q
29 “ ‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
30 “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.
31 “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”
“The first,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness,t and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

Musings of the First Son,
“As I look back, I don't know why keep doing so! It just so happens. Whenever my father asks me to do things i agree to do household chores or to run errands but just don't do it! Even if I have no intention to do it, without any hesitation I would agree to do it by saying ‘yes’. But I just don't care to do it. The funny thing is that I just don't feel guilty at all. At times I do say ‘yes’ deliberately for the fear of having to ‘no’.
I am a cunning coward indeed!
I am very often selfish to the core!
I feel bad that I have been hurting my father and others with my careless and inconsiderate  attitude towards others!
I know he keeps waiting for to grow out of my set ways and grow up!
How I wish! I could just say plain ‘no’ when I want to say ‘no’ and say ‘yes’ when I want to say ‘yes’!”

Dear First Son,
Thank you, for your honest musings!

Musings of the Younger Son,
“I am very impulsive indeed! I do often talk and do things without thinking! Later on I do often regret of having impulsively said or done things! That's what actually  happened when my father asked me to the field and I did instantly refused! Later on I did feel bad about it and I just got up and went to the field. I am sure my father must have been happy when he came to learn that I did change my mind!
How I wish! I could think a bit before opening my mouth or jumping into action!
I do admire my father for accepting me with all my drawbacks though I keep hurting him every now and then! “

Dear Second Son,
Thank you for your honest musings!

Dear Jesus,
Thank you very much for your thought provoking parable. It sure does help me to look at myself.
I wonder!
Aren't these two brothers very active in me?
Haven't I often behaved like them?
I have a tendency to say ‘yes’ to myself  and decide to do something and then ended up negating it. I guess, it's a kind of fooling myself and not taking my life seriously. As a result my performances are often minimal which makes me sad and disappointed.
I feel miserable when I see others succeed and thrive. I forget the fact they are successful on account of their hard work.
That's me, at times, Lord!

Dear Jesus,
I have behaved like the younger son as well.Though I have impulsively made quick decisions I am ready to retract on second thoughts. But in many cases I have already caused the damage by hurting  you and others with my impulsive decisions and actions.
I want to keep controlling the ‘Two Sons’ in me!
Thank you, Jesus, for your immense patience with me!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone one of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 27th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment