Tuesday 16 February 2016

47/16 My Monologues & Musings : “... do to others what you would have them do to you…..”(Mt 7:12)

47/16 My Monologues & Musings :
“... do to others what you would have them do to you…..”(Mt 7:12)

Dear Jesus,
You always hit the right on the spot where I need to improve, Don't You?
Yes, I do almost always place my egoistic self and its not so important needs first even at the cost of a more legitimate and important needs of others!
And I want everyone else to make way for me, be kind and considerate to me.

Dear Jesus,
Being a priest I assume for myself to have  a right for all honour and I do expect others to toe the line!
I want and expect everyone to be loving, kind, and considerate to me and to my needs.
But I tend to discount others and their needs to be loved and cared for.

Dear  Jesus,
How convenient and natural for me not to notice or even ignore the needs of others!  
I am used to be very self centered.
I wonder! Whether consciously and unconsciously i take advantage of being a priest due to the power, the position, and the privileges which come along with the priesthood. This has made me at times to be very insensitive to the needs of others. I have often been tempted to discount or minimize the needs of others.

Dear Jesus,
I want to do to others what I would have them do to me!

I want others to respect me.
But do I care to respect them?

I want others very to be polite to me.
But do i care to be polite to others?

I want others to help me and care for me.
But am I ready to help and care for them?

I want others to understand me.
But do I care to understand them?

I want others to be generous with their time.
But am I generous with my time for them?

I want others to support my views and plans
But do I support the views of others?

I want their generous financial contribution. But how about my financial contribution?

I want others to forgive of my mistakes.
But am I ready to forgive their mistakes?

Dear Jesus,
I want to keep reminding myself your words:
“do to others
what you would have them do to you.”

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 16th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment