Thursday 18 February 2016

49/16 My Monologues & Musings : ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’(Mt 5:38)

49/16 My Monologues & Musings :  
‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’(Mt 5:38) “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies…(Mt 5:44)

Dear Jesus,
Before you came, in a sense, it was seemingly easy, real easy to deal with a fight or a quarrel or a dispute or to handle a conflict without any mercy and compassion  issues. Eye for eye was the standard of justice which was seemingly simple.
But you came out with a revelutionary message of loving the enemy rather hating him.
Dear Jesus,
It's not that easy at all.
It is almost revenge and retaliation is almost instinctively perpetrated. It takes heroic and courageous effort for me to forgive my enemies, leave alone loving them!
Dear Jesus,
Very often I have felt the strong urge to react on the dictum of ‘an eye for an eye’ and pay back my enemies especially when I am falsely accused or when I am unjustly treated.
Though I may not have translated my revenge filled thoughts into action, I have willingly indulged in hateful and revengeful thoughts about those who try to put me down or falsely accuse me.
I know I have to fight them off.
Yes, I know it's a long and hard struggle to deal with my revengeful and hate filled thoughts.

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 18th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment