Tuesday 2 February 2016

33/16 My Monologues & Musings : The First Temple Visit of the Holy Family ( Lk 2 :22-38)

 33/16 My Monologues & Musings : The First Temple Visit of the Holy Family (Lk 2: 22-38)
“22 When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him d Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
23 as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”
24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: “a pair of doves or two young pigeons.”
25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. 26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: 29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace. 30 For my eyes have seen your salvation, 31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: 32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.” 33 The child’s father and mother marveled at what was said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.” 36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38 Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.”

Musings of a Foster Father …….
“I had been sitting here for a while by shades of the Jerusalem Temple after the Ceremonial Presentation of Baby Jesus as well as after the post delivery Purification Rituals for Mary. Powerful memories of the past year began to barge into my mind.
Éver since the Divinely Intervened Pregnancy of Mary the subsequent days were very tension filled. To begin with, our wedding plans were on tenterhooks.
The subsequent angelic interventions steered our lives safely through.
The visits of the shepherds and the Three Maggie brought much joy into our lives!
Whatever the angel told me during the first dream started to make sense and began to sink in me!
This visit to the Temple is yet another joyful occasion. I was thrilled to hear what  the Grand Old Simeon predicted all those nice things about my Baby Jesus except for the Piercing Sword.
It's OK….
Life has both joy and sorrow.
If our hearts are pierced on account of the life and mission our son, it’s ok..
We shall and we will courageously face it.
At least, for the moment, his mother and myself are up in the cloud nine!
I shall treasure this day for the rest of my life.. I will savoring it… relishing it!
Oh, Venerable Grand Old Simeon,
A Big Thank you!
Oh, Grand Old Prophetess Anna,
A Big Thank you, to you as well!
It makes me marvel to see your faces lit with ecstatic joy!”

Dear Blessed  Joseph, the Foster Father,
Thank you, for sharing your Musings!
The visit to the Temple along with your Mary and Baby Jesus must have been one of your happiest experience as the head of the family, right?
Sure, there was a mention of the Piercing Sword hinting about the ominous events to come.
It seems your happiest moments as a family man were in the Temple Precincts.
Remember, how happy you were when you and Mary traced your lost adolescent son in the Temple Complex?
The Presentation of Baby Jesus seems to be the most blissful moment in your life as the Foster Father, right?
I am sure, as you gradually faded away from the public you must have held on to those blissful memories of the Presentation of the Baby Jesus till you closed your eyes!

Dear Blessed Joseph, the Foster Father,
Instead of being bogged down by the painful memories of my past,
How I wish to draw strength from the many  happy moments and memories in my life!

Dear Blessed Mother,
This must have been on one of your happiest experiences as a mother, right?
Despite the mention of the Piercing Sword you must have been very happy indeed!

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the many of my memories of happiness and joy.
Truly, I am blessed!
Though the piercing swords have been there in my life, I want to keep on cherishing those moments.
I still fondly remember the day when I had the First Communion.
One of my happiest childhood experience are the many times when my Grandmother and relatives took me to the nearby churches on festal occasions and for pilgrimages.
I keep on relishing those memories!
I gratefully remember the narrations my Godparents about my baptism. I was just a nine day old sickly baby when they took me for the First time to the parish church for my baptism.
Years later, my Godparents used to narrate to me how they took me to the church on a rainy morning of 29th August. They had to walk through the lush green rice fields. While my Godmother cuddled me up in her arms the Godfather held up the umbrella over us. Latet on, whenever I came home for vacation I used to visit them and they used to narrate to me about my baptism day!
May their Souls Rest in Peace!

Dear Jesus,  
I am ever grateful to you!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching Faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 2nd February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of personal and devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment