Sunday 21 February 2016

52/16 My Monologues & Musings : “......Can you drink the cup , ….” (Mt 20:22)

52/16 My Monologues & Musings :
“......Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?”“We can, ….” (Mt 20:22)

28 ”just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

28just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Re
Dear James Zebedee and John Zebedee,
I like your determination to get what you wanted. You did want to be close associates of Rabbi, Didn’t you?
And you got your Mum to approach Jesus and plead for your case which she did!
I like your ambitious attitude towards life as I can very well identify with you. Like you,as a teenager, I was also driven by ambition..
But little did you know the real cost of being disciples of Jesus, right?
Could you share your  musings and reminiscences of the time you spent with you Master?
…...
Our Musings and Reminiscences ..

“We were fascinated by the vibrant and inspiring personality of our Rabbi Jesus.
Little did we know of the implications of ready and willing to “drink the cup”!
Had we known the cup we were ready to drink was the Cup of Suffering, probably we wouldn’t have said our yes and our
‘we can’!
Looking back….
Ever since we said, yes, to drink the cup, we did begin our pilgrimage of our growth and the transformation into true disciples of our Master.
After listening to his teachings, witnessing his miracle especially the Miracles of Healing, and after having lived with him, slowly it began to dawn on us that our Master had an entirely different vision about his Kingdom. After miraculously feeding the Five Thousand, when the people wanted him to be their King he just refused and disappeared. We were really disappointed couldn't understand why he refused to become the King. We too would have been happy too. In fact we all were expecting a Messiah-King to deliver us from the Romans. Many of us thought Jesus would be the promised Messiah-King.
Our parents especially our Mother wanted us to be placed closer to the Messiah-King.
That's why she requested our Master to place on his right and left.
Gradually but steadily our Master steered us away from the expectation of a Political Messiah-King.
Though it was hard for us not to expect a Political Messiah-King.
Sure, there was initially an element of personal gain in our minds as we were eager to join Jesus.
We admire his immense patience with as we made slow progress. We disappoint him many times. He was at times annoyed with us for our weak faith.
Very few of us wanted our Master to go to Jerusalem as it had been very hostile to him.
We are ashamed of ourselves as we abandoned him, betrayed him and ran away from him during his last tragic and dramatic days.
Oh, Jesus, Our Lord and our Master,
Thank you for accepting us with all our weaknesses and imperfections.
You did stay behind us, with us, and by our side despite our repeated scandalizing behaviour.
Jesus, Our Master,
You are our Messianic King indeed who kept delivering us from from frailties and weaknesses!”
Thank you,  James and John, the sons of Zebedee for Musings.

Dear Jesus,
You have been patiently waiting for almost seventy years for me keep changing growing!
Despite my slow progress you have been very optimistic and patient with me.!
Thank you, Lord!  Thanks a million and another million!
Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday 21st February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment