Thursday 18 February 2016

48/16 My Monologues & Musings : So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”(Mt 9:6)

48/16 My Monologues & Musings :
So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”(Mt 9:6)

Dear Jesus,
Had no one cared to bring the paralyzed man to you, he wouldn't have been healed! You couldn't have healed him, right, Lord? Since he was brought to you by some of those caring fellow humans you were able to heal him of his paralysis, right?
How helpful and caring were those men who cared to carry him to you!
Aren't they real  “Good Samaritans”?

Dear Jesus,
Very often I am so engrossed in myself and busy with myself that I don't even notice those paralyzed ones around me!
There are so many around me
Who are paralyzed:
Those physically paralyzed,
Those emotionally paralyzed,
Those mentally paralyzed,
Those spiritually paralyzed.

Dear Jesus,
Many a times, i don't even notice them, Though they are around me.
Though they are in need of help,
I haven’t cared to help!
May be I too am paralyzed so much with the preoccupation about myself,
So as to be incapable of caring for others.

Dear Jesus,
When you said to the paralyzed man,
“your sins are forgiven”,
What did you mean?
Did you mean that his paralysis is a punishment for his sins?
Did you mean that he was a addict to some sort of sinful habit which paralyzed his mind, heart, soul, and body?
Whatever!
The fact is:
You freed him from his paralytic conditions
Which had a sort of freezed his physical strength, Right, Lord?
You gave him a new lease of life!
How merciful and compassionate, You are!

Dear Jesus,
As I look at my life,
Though only partially and temporarily,
But a very severe paralysis at times.
There had been several occasions:
When I was paralyzed with fear.
When I was paralyzed with guilt,
When I was paralyzed with sinful habits,
When I was paralyzed with  jealousy,
When I was paralyzed with anger and hate,
When I was paralyzed with lust for pleasure,
When I was paralyzed with lust for power,
When I was paralyzed with ambition,
When I was paralyzed with success,
When I was paralyzed with prestige and power which come to me along with my priesthood and its ministry.

Dear Jesus,
You did free me from the above mentioned
partial and temporary paralysis though very severe at times.
You sent different persons into my paralyzed state of life at different times in order to intervene in my life on your behalf.
There were my parents, grandparents,  teachers, superiors, friends, confreres, confessor, professors, priests, spiritual directors, and many others who helped me periodically so that I may be freed me from those situations of paralyses.

Thank you, Jesus, a million Thanks!
Jesus,  You are my Saviour indeed!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 17th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment