Monday 1 February 2016

32/16 My Monologues & Musings : "I am willing", he said, "Be willing clean" (Lk 5:12-16)

32/16 My Monologues & Musings :
“I am willing”, he said, “Be clean”

(Lk 5:12-16)
“While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” And immediately the leprosy left him. Then Jesus ordered him, “Don’t tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them.”  Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.”

Dear Jesus,
I know for certain you have always been willing and wanting that I be clean!
It's just opposite!
I wonder!
Whether I myself am willing and wanting to be clean of the leprosy of my attitude and approach to others!
Lord, you know very well that I hold a quite number of persons in my life as lepers!
There are people in my life whom I think of as lepers..
I do detest them and their ways!
I am prejudiced about them!
I tend avoid them...isolate them…
To make it worse!
I often consider myself a non - leper, unlike them!
Dear Jesus,
You know:
It is in my mind..
It is an attitude of my mind..
I may not often act out of this attitude!
Outwardly I may pretend to be polite to them.
I may not use any sort of offensive language or action against!
But the attitude that he/she is a leper is often alive in me!
Dear Jesus,
I want to be clean and clear of this attitude in me!
Of course, you always want me to be clean!
I don’t doubt it, even for a moment!
But it is always me, myself, who blocks my own healing and growth!
The fact is:
You are ever willing that I be clean!
I am often unwilling to clean myself!
I want to keep fighting my unwillingness
to be clean and clear of my unwillingness!
Strengthened by your love for I shall win!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 1st  February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of my personal and devotional musings and monologues. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment