Wednesday 10 February 2016

41/16 My Monologues & Musings : Ash Wednesday “…...you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Gen 3 : 19)

41/16 My Monologues & Musings : Ash Wednesday
“…...you return to the ground,
   since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
   and to dust you will return.” (Gen 3 : 19)

Dear Jesus,
It's a strange fact that i rarely think there was a time when I wasn't there around!
Some seventy years ago I wasn't existing!
I won’t be there much less than seventy years from now on!
That's human life!
When I look back and see the way
I have been conducting myself
I was behaving as if I would never die!
Yet today:
Ash Wednesday reminds me that
I come from Dust and I shall return to Dust.
True, I do come from dust.

Dear Jesus,
But it is equally true :
The Dust, that I am, has been infused and has been indelibly imprinted with the Image and Likeness of the Divine, Right, Lord?
For a short time this Dust has been made alive with the indwelling of  the Image and Likeness of the Divine.
So i am dust and the Image and the Likeness of the Divine, Right, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
This brief period is what i boast as my life!
I often tend forget that my life here on earth is very brief like the grass which pops up and then withers!
I have been living my life wantonly and irresponsibly as if it has no end.
Ash Wednesday reminds me of the brevity of my life here on earth.
It reminds me that I am to live my life responsibly remembering the Divine Image and Likeness indwelling in me!
Ash Wednesday reminds me I need to correct my erring ways.
It reminds me I need to control my sinful ways and unruly behaviour patterns.
Ash Wednesday reminds of my responsibility to do penance for my sinful actions and correct my erring ways.
It reminds me to be humble enough to remember the reality,
“dust you are
   and to dust you will return.”

Dear Jesus,
I thank you for the Season of Lent:
Reminding me the need to do penance,
Reminding me the need to fast my body,
Reminding me to clean up my conscience,
Reminding me of the Way of the Cross,
Reminding me the need to reform my life,
Reminding me to reinvigorate my spirit,
Reminding me the hope of Resurrection!

Dear Jesus,
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Ash Wednesday, 10th February, 2016

Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment