Sunday 7 February 2016

38/16:My Monologues & Musings : The Temptation for the easy way out ( Mt 4:1-11)

38/16 My Monologues & Musings :  Temptation for the easy way out!  (( Mt 4:1-11)

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:
“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”
11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attend him.”

Dear Jesus,
It is very consoling that you too have experienced the travails of temptations which is an unavoidable aspect of our human nature.
As you spend forty days of Silence and Solitude in the company of your Heavenly Father, you were haunted by temptations.
Dear Jesus,
You were tempted to take the easy way out.
You were tempted to take short cuts to satisfy the legitimate need of your physical hunger.
But you successfully resisted, Didn't You?
Dear Jesus,
You were tempted to venture into rash and rabid behaviour and foolishly hoping to be rescued by Yahweh!
But you successfully resisted, Didn't You?
Dear Jesus,
You were tempted to surrender to the Evil One in return for power, honor, and glory.
But you did not yield to his tempting offer!

Dear Jesus,
As I look at my life I have been tempted many a times even several times on then
same day ever since
The sad fact is :
I have yielded to a vast majority of them,
most of them in my thoughts and have ended up by ignoring you or rebelling against you.
You know it, Don't You?

Dear Jesus,
I have this unreal wish that I should not have any temptations all, leave alone yielding to them!
So that I can stand before you and boast!
Like the Pharisee who stood boastingly in the praying in the temple.
Temptations in life are inevitable!
You were very realistic when you taught the Our Father.
You taught us to pray:
“Llead us not into temptations….”
Temptation are there, one can't help it!
Where ever I am,
Be alone or in the crowd,
Be in busy streets or in the lonely desert,
Bet in the Temple or in the market place..
Temptations are there!
But I pray that I may not yield.

Dear Jesus,
When i was young and now that I am old,
Temptations are there.
As a Priest and as a Pastor,
Temptations are there!
But I pray that i may not yield!

Dear Jesus,
You experienced temptations at the very start of your ministry as well as the fag end of ministry on the corss, Didn't You, Lord?
And you never yielded to them!

Dear Jesus,
Everyday I keep praying,
The prayer you taught:
Our Father, who art on heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name!
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be on earth
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
And lead us not into temptations
But deliver us from evil
Amen
Dear Jesus,
I thank you in a very special way today for the Gift of Mother as today she would have completed 94 years. Though we were together just for forty one days I am sure she continues to love and pray for me.
May her Soul Rest in Peace!
Dear Mother,  
Thank you for your continued love and prayer for me your son. Though you not here with me, I am glad your in heaven with the Lord! Someday, we'll be together again never to be separated once more by death.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable Blessings for me!
For Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday, 7th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in the public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment