Wednesday 3 February 2016

34/16 My Monologues & Musings : “ He warned then not to tell about him" t 13:15-21)

34/16 My Monologues & Musings :
“He warned them not to tell about him…..
Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight”

(Mt 12 : 15-21)
“15 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. 16 He warned them not to tell others about him. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
18 “Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
   the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
 and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
19 He will not quarrel or cry out;
   no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed he will not break,
   and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory.
21 In his name the nations will put their hope.”

Dear Jesus,
You never looked for fame.
You never sought after acclaim.
You never wanted to make a name.
Applause or accusation, You are the same!

Dear Jesus,
You instructed them not to tell about you!
Just to avoid becoming a political Messiah!
When they wanted to make you their King,
You moved away from the clamoring crowd.
Dear Jesus,
I am often just the opposite!
I am often tempted to seek fame.
I have an urge to make for myself a name
I  have an insatiable thirst for the spot light!

Dear Jesus,
I often dream and even day dream
As if I am a popular priest and a pastor
As if I am very good teacher and a preacher
I almost always expect praise.

Dear Jesus,
It's all in my head, it’s all in my fantasy!
Puffed up and proud like a peacock,
I strut around and I go about!
All the while claiming to follow you!

Dear Jesus,
Yet you continue to love me!
Yet you take delight in me!
Unbelievable and Incomprehensible!
How could you ever love me?

Dear Jesus,  
Thank you a million times.
For Your Unconditional Love of me.
Makes me humble and urges me to grow up
I shall keep struggling to change and grow.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching Faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 3rd February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a part of my personal and devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment