Friday 26 February 2016

57/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Sadducees in me.(Mk 12:18)

57/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Sadducees in me.
“Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection….” (Mk12: 18)

Dear Jesus,  
The Sadducees were a very rich, educated, aristocratic group. They were politically powerful. They had very decisive say in religious  anx judicial matters oc tge Jewish Community. Most of the Seventy member Council of Sanhedrin were Sadducees.They were the final Court of appeal for the Jews. It seems they picked and chose their religious beliefs to suit and protect their economic and political interests. They did not believe in resurrection and a life after death. The one and only life we have is here on earth. Therefore enjoy it.
Dear Jesus,
These are the basic informations about the Sadducees I have had ever since my biblical studies in Rome and in Jerusalem.
Now, years later, as I think of them l am able to identify a part of me behaving like a mini Sadducee.
Dear Jesus,
As you know, I do have a certain amount of academic and theoretical knowledge of the Sacred Scriptures. I have used it often to preach and to teach.
But I wonder how far it has influenced and transformed my life! Sure, it has influenced my life to some extent. But I doubt whether it has brought in a radical change in life.

Dear Jesus,
Like the Sadducees, I had often been interested in protecting my life, my position, my name, and selfish motives.
Sure, I do believe in Resurrection and in a life after death.
But again does my belief in resurrection confined mainly to the Creed? Has it substantially impacted my life?
I wonder!
Dear Jesus, I want to change and get  transformed.
I want to be daring like Nicodemus, the Venerable Old Sadducee who was fascinated by you and sneaked in to see you!
Nicodemus, the Sadducee, began to transform after meeting you and had a genuinely soul touching dialogue with you, Right, Lord?
Nicodemus, even in his evening years of life got transformed and became convinced of the meaningless of mere academic qualifications coupled with economic security and high social status!
Like Nicodemus, I am in the evening years of my life and find myself doubting the meaningless of all that I achieved!
Encouraged by his transformation I am determined to make a serious effort to grow up and get transformed.
I know I have a long and hard path ahead.
But, like Nicodemus, remaining constantly in your presence I am confident of making it!
Be with me, Lord!
And keep challenging me, Lord!
As you did with Nicodemus, the Sadducee!
So that the little Sadducee in me may get transformed into a Sadducee Nicodemus who became your ardent supporter and an avid follower!
Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone one of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 26th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment