Monday 8 February 2016

39/16 My Monologues & Musings : Reconciliation (Mt 5:23-24)

39/16 My Monologues & Musings :  
“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.” (Mt 5:23 -24)

Mt 5:;17 -26
“17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[b][c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.
25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.”

Dear Jesus,
Your above words do scare me indeed!
I am afraid, many a times, I have celebrated the Holy Eucharist as well as participated in Eucharistic Celebrations and other WhorshipServices with unforgiven sentiments and thoughts towards my fellow humans.
Deat Jesus,
I have harboured hateful thoughts while celebrating other Sacraments, Rituals and Devotions!
I have been Pharisaic in the Celebration of Eucharist.
Dear Jesus,
I am sorry, for my pharisaical and formalistic approach and to my life and worship.
But what scares me most Is :
When you said,
“if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.”
I
That means: If I were to remember that someone has something against me, then I must take initiative to get reconciled with that person, right?
Oh, NO!
Do you literally mean it?
Or are you trying to highlight the need of Reconciliation for a meaningful Eucharist and Worship by using exaggerated expressions?
Something like : when you said to pull out the eye if it causes to sin and it is better to go to heaven with one eye …..etc.
Yes, Dear Jesus,
I have kept on nursing hurts and hostilities and at the same time worshipping and  celebrating the Eucharist!
You know it, Don't You, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
in my mind and heart, i do keep asking pardon and forgiveness from those whom I hold grudges.
Yes, I need to do it everyday!
I also keep forgiving those who have hurt me!
May those whom I have hurt and,
May those who have hurt me,
May everyone of them experience lasting inner healing and enduring peace of mind and heart!
Bless them, Lord!
Bless everyone of them!
Forgive me and bless me too, Lord!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 8th February,

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in the public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment