Saturday 13 February 2016

44/16 My Monologues & Musings : “Forgive us..as we forgive those..” (Mt 6:12)

44/16 My Monologues & Musings : “Forgive us..as we forgive those..” (Mt 6:12)

Dear Jesus,
You know very well how desperate I am to have your forgiveness. I pray to you almost  everyday to forgive my sins, my offences, and my failings.
But the irony is:
While i keep seeking your forgiveness
I am rather reluctant to forgive my fellow humans who seek my forgiveness.
I tend to place and parade all sorts of excuses to justify my unwillingness to forgive!

Dear Jesus,
I keep catching myself of this strange contradiction within myself.
The worst part is that it doesn't bother me.
Even though it totally goes against your vision and teaching of forgiving others is a precondition for seeking forgiveness of my own offences, I seem to be at home with this ironic attitude.
Dear Jesus,
I wonder how genuine I am in following you!
I have a long list of people and persons whom I need to forgive.
Though I may not be conscious of everyone whom I need to forgive,
Lord, unconditionally,
I forgive everyone of them,
Whether they dead or alive.
Unconditionally I forgive:
My parents, my siblings, my grandparents, My uncle, aunts, cousins, relations,
Unconditionally I forgive :
My friends, foes, classmates, collegues,
My teachers, superiors, confreres.
Unconditionally I forgive :
Everyone who has hurt me.
Lord bless them!
And heal me of the hurts caused by others!

Oh, my God, Father, Son, Spirit,
I pray:
Forgive me my debts,
as i forgive my debtors.
And lead me not into temptation,
but deliver me from the evil one

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 13th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment