Tuesday 9 February 2016

40/16 My Monologues & Musings : (Mt 5: 38 - 42) “ …...If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.” (Mt 5:39)

40/16 My Monologues & Musings :  (Mt 5: 38 - 42)
“ …...If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.” (Mt 5:39)

Dear Jesus,
As a fourteen year old boy I remember asking my Sunday Catechism Teacher :
When someone slaps on the left cheek Jesus asked us to show the right cheek as well to be slapped:
But how come that Jesus didn’t show his other cheek when he was slapped by the guard?
The answer I got was that a the guard had already slapped on the other cheek! Thus both cheeks were already slapped!
But I was not fully satisfied with the explanation was offered!
Still I am not!

Dear Jesus,
It is so natural an instinct in me to retaliate in whatever way possible,
Be it verbally or
Be it physically or even
Be it mentally
Wishing revenge for those who harm me.
That's a part of me, Lord!

Dear Jesus,
Your vision for your New Kindgom goes far beyond the natural human instinct to retaliate and to take revenge on those who hurt  and harm me.
You challenge me to control the instinct to take revenge and curse those who hurt me,
You want me to bless and even love them!
Lord, you know it is difficult,
It is agonizingly difficult.
But not impossible!
You have proved it!
It is heroic indeed!
And you want me to bless those who hurt me rather to curse them.
Thus you want me to experience the joy of your New Commandment and Kingdom.
Though difficult,
Though failure is inevitable,
Lord, I shall and will keep trying!

Dear Jesus,
My problem is:
Though I may not retaliate,
Though I may not take revenge in any violent ways and actions,
I keep on  nursing the thoughts of retaliation and revenge!
I habitually dream of taking revenge.
All the while,
I keep wearing a smile on mg face!
That’s again a part of me!
You have seen it, Haven’t You, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
Coming back to showing “the right cheek”,
Instead of showing your right cheek, you asked : “why did you strike?”, Didn’t You?

Dear Jesus,
By challenging his conscience you stopped him striking you for a second time, right?
This means:
You don't want to let others to abuse us or exploit us be it physically or verbally or in any other manner, right?
This means:
You want us to use righteous ways to stand up for ourselves and to protect ourselves against any unjust and undue exploitation, Right, Lord?
This means:
You don't want us to be just a ‘Door Mat’ to be trampled upon by anyone, Right, Lord?
This means:
Despite our best efforts oppositions, setbacks,
S ufferings are inevitable and we are to face with enduring faith, hope and, love!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me! For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday 9th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in the public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment