Friday 19 February 2016

50/16 My Monologues & Musings : Chief Priests & Pundits of the Law ( Mk 11:27-28

50/16 My Monologues & Musings : ( Mk 11:27-28

27 “They arrived again in Jerusalem, and while Jesus was walking in the temple courts, the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders came to him. 28 “By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you authority to do this?”

Dear Jesus,
The Chief Priests and Pundits of Law could never accept you, approve you, and acknowledge you. The very presence of you, your preaching, your pronouncements, and your Miracles of Merciful Healing were seen  as a threat to their continued abuse of the power and position they enjoyed.  You were a stumbling block to their vested interests.Their blind opposition to you must have pained you, right?
.
Dear Jesus,
As i look at my own life I am able to identify those Chief Priests and Pundits of Law very much alive and kicking in my life. There have been instances in my life when I have behaved like those Chief Priests and Pundits of Law opposing those who are perceived as a threat to my selfish interests.  

Dear Jesus,  
I have often caught myself in a state of imagined insecurity and envy especially: When my fellow priests do better,
When they do a better preaching,
When they are successful in their ministers,
When they are liked and loved by others.The feelings insecurity and envy play out in my life making me:
moody or
angry, or
dictatorial.

Dear Jesus,
I have often felt jealous and envious of me fellow priests who do better than myself.
At times it is so hard for me to accept it.
I end up in feeling miserable!
I tend to question their motives, and their legitimacy.
I tend to minimise their success.
By hook or by crook, like the Chief Priests and Pundits, I keep on trying to paint them black.

Dear Jesus,
This is part of me!
You know it, Don’t you, Lord?
But at the same time,
I can be very supportive to others.
I have been encouraging others.
Yet I am selective in doing so.
I do like to encourage and support only those who pose no threat to me!
How cunningly smart I am!
I would neither support nor encourage nor promote any of my equals or those who are a possible threat to me.
That’s what the Chief Priests and Pundits of Law did to you, right, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
I want to keep on catching myself whenever I act and react like your opponents!
And I am resolved to do so.

Dear Jesus,
I want to change and better myself!
At times I have made attempts to do so.
Yet I don't persevere, I don't continue!
That's the sad part of it!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 19th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment