Tuesday 23 February 2016

54/16 My Monologues & Musings : :Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down…” (Lk 21:34)

54/16 My Monologues & Musings :
:Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down…”
(Lk 21:34)

34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap.”


Dear Jesus,
As you were telling your disciples and others about the end of the world especially the end of their world you did warn them of ominous signs and the hard times ahead. You tell them to read the signs of the times. And also you encourage them not to lose heart and get dissipated. According to some of the bible pundits when you were talking about the unimaginable but the inevitable and impending destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and the enormous loss of lives of so many of her children. The Jewish people could never ever imagine their Temple would be destroyed!  

Dear Jesus,
Despite your warnings they were shell shocked when it actually happened some thirty plus years later. You had given them ample enough warning along with a detailed description of the frightening signs which would be preceding as well as following the destruction of the Temple  and devastation of its people.

Dear Jesus,
As I look at my life, in hindsight I see the many warnings you had been sending through events, experiences, and through my fellow humans. The Temple of own self and life were being desecrated by my own repeatedly irresponsible behaviour.  Most of your warnings were unheeded by me! I did pay heavily for them. My selfish ambitions and unbridled passions often had the upper hand and had caused much grief to you as you were helplessly watching the periodic desecration of the Temple of my own life.
Subsequently, as you know, my falls and failures had ended up in guilt feelings, in disappointments, and in despair. It has been a kind of vicious cycle of chronic falls and failures of every sort of sinful behaviour especially in my thoughts.

Dear Jesus,
How I wish!
I could get freed from this vicious cycle of gradual self-destruction.
How I wish!
I could learn from from my past mistakes avoid their repetition!

Dear Jesus,
Do continue to keep sending me warnings and signs so that I desist from making the same mistakes over and again.

Dear Jesus,
I want to keep on reminding myself of the dire consequences of my repeated irresponsible handling of the Temple of my own Self and life!
I want to keep rededicating the Temple of life to You, the Father and to the Spirit.
You and I know there is much good in me as I have within me the spark of the Divine Image and Likeness.
Dear Jesus,
Do continue to keep sending warnings, signals, and signs so that I may be kept on a leash!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 23rd February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues  mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment