Friday 12 February 2016

43/16 My Monologues & Musings : Speck, Plank & Eyes (Mt 7:3)

43/16 My Monologues & Musings :
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?”
(Mt 7 : 3)
Dear Jesus,  
It is so natural for me to focus my attention on the negatives of others. I am very inclined to spot the speck of dust in the eyes of others. I am all the more inclined as well as interested to look for the speck of in the eyes of the ones who I don't like or with whom I hold grudges.

Dear Jesus,
It is due to my egoistic interests. I have often been under the false impression that if i were to paint others black I would stand out and shine better.
I have wrongly felt that my chances would be enhanced if I were to highlight the weakness of others.

Dear Jesus,
I have been doing it with my siblings from the times of my childhood days!
I have engaged in this sort of behaviour with my classmates and colleagues so as to put my colleagues down and place myself up.

Dear Jesus,
Whenever others happened to point out the speck in my eyes, I tend to defend myelf vigorously and oppose them vehemently.
That's part of me , Lord!

Dear Jesus,  
As I advance in years it has becoming clearer to me these sort of looking for planks in the eyes of others has led me nowhere. Ultimately it has made more dissatisfied and disgruntled. This reality has gradually been sinking in me.

Dear Jesus,
I have wasted lots and lots of opportunities to appreciate the good in others.
Had I identified the good in others rather than harping about their limitations,
I would have been enriched and
They would have been encouraged and
We would have grown together.

Dear Jesus,
I am determined to fight it out and free myself from the clutches of this crippling mentality.
I want deliberately highlight the good in others and minimise their faults!
And thereby finding joy in doing so!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 12th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment