Sunday 14 February 2016

45/16 My Monologues & Musings : Not everyone who says to me..Lord.. (Mt 7: 21)

45/16 My Monologues & Musings :  Not everyone who says to me..Lord..
(Mt 7: 21)

(Mt 7 : 21-23)
21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of 0heaven, but only   22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,
‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Dear Jesus,
As i read the above verses it makes me shudder!
I have been repeatedly calling upon your name:
Lord, Lord !!!
Jesus My Lord !!!
My Lord and My God !!!
I have been reciting all sorts of prayers!
I have been celebrating the Holy Eucharist for the last forty plus years!
Now I wonder!
Despite all these,
Have i caused you to say:
“I never knew you….”
Have I lost the essentials somewhere on the way?
Have i turned out be to a ”noisy gong”?
Have I made myself into just a “clanging bell”?
Have I been doing the will of your Father?

Dear Jesus,
Have I been making myself one of those qualifying,
“the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”
Do you see me as “the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”
It scares me, Lord!
But at same time,
I know for certain that a contrite heart You shall not turn away!
And I come to with a contrite heart!
I do want change my ways which are unacceptable to you!

Dear Jesus,
Today is being observed as the Valentine's Day

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday, 14th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I do place these Reflections in public as part of a therapeutic and holistic healing. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment