Monday 22 February 2016

53/16 My Monologues & Musings : “You are not far from the kingdom of God..” (Mk 12: 34)

 53/16 My Monologues & Musings :  “You are not far from the kingdom of God..”
(Mk 12: 34)
28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”
32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.”(Mk 12: 28-34)

Dear Teacher of the Law,
You are very very well-versed in Law and in Holy Scriptures. You are a very knowledgeable and a wise Jew indeed!
You are an intellectual too.
Unlike the other teachers of the Law,
You seem to have a positive attitude towards Jesus the Rabbi.
Anyhow you were not at all inimical towards Jesus, right?
Many of your fellow Jewish intellectuals and pundits were up in arms against him, weren't they?
Glad to know “you are not far from the kingdom of God.”
May be, I am a bit like you with my intellectual knowledge and academic degrees!

Dear Jesus,
It seems that I am also
“ ...not far from the the kingdom of God.”.
Though I have been periodically experiencing the presence of kingdom within myself, it just doesn't last!
But I keep asking myself when will I experience the kingdom of God in a rather permanent way?
Why have i not entered the kingdom?
Or rather why have I not let the kingdom enter into my life?
Am I blocking its entry?
Even if it succeeds entering my life,
Why doesn't it stay for a longer time?
Do my life and my activities block it to be experienced?
Does presence of some particular aspect within me which blocks the entry of the kingdom into my life?
Dear Jesus,
I think I am very much like this man who knew everything about the commandments on an intellectual level but didn't have any change of heart. There was not much a conversion of heart involved.
Thus I often lack the zest and zeal for the Kingdom.
Though often I enter the Kingdom it makes its exit very soon!
I had an intense experience of the Kingdom
During the initial years of my religious and priestly and right after my Priestly Ordination and while studying Sacred Scriptures in Jerusalem and visiting the different places in the Holy Land.
But those experiences were temporary.
Surely those experiences were also emotional.
Then I find myself falling into a world of failures, faults, and sins of every sort, especially in thoughts.
That's part of me, Lord!

Dear Jesus,
I do want not only to enter into the Kingdom but i want keep staying there and relish it for th e rest of my life.
In a sense, as you said:
The Kingdom is already within me.
I haven't been aware of it and experienced it on account of  my selfish wants and worries!
I better hurry up as I am in the sunset years of my life!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 22nd February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment