Wednesday 24 February 2016

55/16 My Monologues & Musings : Loving my enemy (Mt 5: 43-44)

 55/16 My Monologues & Musings : Loving my enemy (Mt 5: 43-44)
You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,”(Mt 5:43-48)

Dear Jesus,
It's very difficult to love enemies!
Unless I forgive how could I love them?
Dear Jesus,
I have big problems in forgiving them.
To forget the hurts caused is tough for me.
To forgive those who hurt me is not easy.
I love to retaliate and to take revenge on my enemies.
Instinctively I yearn to pay back.
Revenge-filled thoughts often haunt me.

Dear Jesus,
Though I haven't physically attacked and  taken any revenge, the Revenge-filled Thoughts are often deeply embedded within me. I do indulge in them and relish them.
I have wished harm and misfortune for those who are inimical with me and those with whom I am inimical.
Then I also indulge in gossips and calumny against them. I tend speak ill of them and try to paint them black. I try to exaggerate their faults and failure!  I keep on nursing grievances and holding grudges against my enemies.
Dear Jesus,
These are my pet ways to pay back and take sweet revenge on my enemies.
I know if I don't forgive my enemies it is more harmful to me rather than to my enemies.
I also wonder whether many of my enemies are imaginary or not.
Don't I see some of my fellow humans as my enemies just because they seemingly appear to be blocking my selfish interests and agendas?
Dear Jesus,
During this Jubilee Year of Mercy I want to forgive my enemies so that I able to love them!
I want to wish my enemies well rather than wishing them and causing them harm.

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone one of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 24th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment