Saturday 20 February 2016

51/16 My Monologues & Musings : (Mt 11:16-19)16 “To what can I compare this generation?

51/16 My Monologues & Musings :
(Mt 11:16-19)16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

17 “‘We played the pipe for you,
   and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
   and you did not mourn.’
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

Dear Jesus,
You nearly never heard anything good about you from your critics, Did you?
They were very prejudiced against you, Weren't they?
Whatever you said or did, no matter what, irrespective of its merits or demerits, they were against you, Right, Lord?
Be it your highly acetic cousin John the Baptist or the sociable, the meal sharing, the loving, and the merciful yourself,
they don't and they can't find anyone good and anyone doing good!

Dear Jesus,
Well, why to blame them!
All that I need is to into myself.
Lord, they are alive in me too, Aren't they?
There is a part of me whose mindset is just like theirs!
Often I can't  and don't want find anyone who is a good person!
I am inclined to seek and to see only the negatives in others!
I often fantasize that there is only one person I know who is almost faultless and ideal !
That's ME !!!!!

Dear Jesus,
I am at times like your critics and foes!
I see only Negatives in others.
I often highlight those negatives in my conversations.

Dear Jesus,
Why do I do this?
Am I craving for more attention?
Do I keep doing it because of some unsolved hurts still lurking in me?
Why do I keep seeing only Negatives of others?
Do I really want to change?
Or do I just want to pull along?
For how long?
Am I not aware that I am around the last quarter of my life?
And there isn't much time left for me?

Dear Jesus,
I do want get rid of my negatives seeking tendency.
I shall keep trying until.i succeed.
Though I have made some strides,
I still have a long way to go!
And I shall!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone one of my loved ones.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 20th February, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment