Friday 25 March 2016

85/16 My Monologues & Musings : Good Friday:

85/16 My Monologues & Musings : Good Friday: “Father, Forgive them, for they know not, what they do”(Lk 23:34)

Dear Jesus,
This is the day, this is the ‘Hour’
which you had been waiting for,
Right, Lord?
You became one of us to die for me, for us,
to die on the cross for me, for us.
You did it out of your merciful love for me,  and  for us.

Dear Jesus,
In those days crucifixion was one of most torturous types of punishment reserved for hardened criminals and anti-nationals.
How could they crucify you?
They felt threatened by your very existence.
They were real scared of your courage, commitment, and uprightness.
They knew in the heart of their hearts that you are Messiah.
Though they accused you of all sorts  things, they knew you were innocent and impeccable.
Yet viciously and maliciously they hunted you out and hanged you on the cross.

Dear Jesus,
It is very easy to accuse them of hate out of their fear of you and due to their  insecurity.
It is very easy to accuse them of abuse of authority, of power and of position.
It is very easy to get one’s blood boiled and  hate them.
Yet you pleaded for them before your Father, Didn't You?
You prayed for them to your Father :
“Father, Forgive them, for they know not what they do”

Dear Jesus,
But a part of me doesn’t feel they deserve any mercy and forgiveness!
But as I look into myself, I do identify their presence in me , in my ways thinking and acting.
Very often they are alive in me!
But I don’t either admit it or like it.
I keep denying them.
So when I see them I am reminded of their presence in me which I hate to admit!
Right, Lord?
How I wish :
I could pray that they are forgiven!
How I wish :
I could be compassionate to them!
How I wish :
I could pray to forgive those who hurt me!

Dear Jesus,
I need to grow a lot more!

Dear Jesus,
When you prayed form I am sure you had me too in your mind!
You prayed for me too!
May your prayer and your death bring much more repentance and change of heart in me!
Thank you Jesus,
For not only praying for me,
but also for dying for me!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Good Friday,  25th March 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment