Wednesday 30 March 2016

30/3/16 My Monologues & Musings : Nicodemus

30/3/16 My Monologues & Musings : Nicodemus

Musings of Nicodemus……
“I never ever  thought that I would attend the makeshift funeral of the Young, energetic, charismatic, and the radical Rabbi. Though started out as a threatening upstart Rabbi, he had won a sort of a aura of attraction and a place in my heart!
At first, I was just curious about him..
Then I was getting interested in him and in his messages of the merciful love of the Father and of his kingdom.
I did pursue my interest in him in very discreet and secret ways sneaking into his presence in the cover of darkness.
Ever since I had been listening to his preachings, I began to make a measured yet decisive step in the process of being “born again”. I still remember my first meeting with him at night and his vision of being born again. Despite my financial security, my intellectual achievements, and  my position in the Sanhedrin I had always felt a void deep within. Jesus the young Rabbi did definitely help to reorientation my life and to be born again.
When they want to do away with him in a very unjust way I mustered the courage to stand up in our council to fight for him. I had grown up enough to risk everything I had achieved so far for being ‘reborn’.
But I never either expected or wanted him to be so tragically and dehumanizingly crucified.
Though very much saddened by his death I am more than happy to be at the foot of the Cross and to be an active participant in giving him a decent Jewish burial.
Indeed!
This is what it means to be born again!”

Oh Venerable Nicodemus,
Thank you for your musings.
How I wish to be born again like you!
I shall keep trying!  

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord!
Your patience with us humans are unlimited!
You helped, guided, and waited for Nicodemus to be born again!
And he did complete his pilgrimage of being born at the foot if tge cross and by being actively present for your burial. As he buried your lifeless body he did complete the burial of his old self,
Right, Lord?
Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Thank you for your immense patience with me and with my slow progress of being born again!
I shall and I will keep trying to be fully born again!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 30th March 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment