Friday 4 March 2016

64/16 My Monologues & Musings : Who is Jesus for me?

64/16 My Monologues & Musings :  Who is  Jesus for me?
(Jn 7:25-31)
25 At that point some of the people of Jerusalem began to ask, “Isn’t this the man they are trying to kill?e 26 Here he is, speaking publicly, and they are not saying a word to him. Have the authorities really concluded that he is the Messiah?g 27 But we know where this man is from;h when the Messiah comes, no one will know where he is from.”28 Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts,i cried out, “Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from.j I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true.k You do not know him, 29 but I know him because I am from him and he sent me.”m30 At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him,n because his hour had not yet come.o 31 Still, many in the crowd believed in him.p They said, “When the Messiah comes, will he perform more signs than this man?”

Dear Jesus,
Your listeners, your supporters, as well as  your opponents, all of them, had quite different opinions about you.
For some, you were the Messiah,
For some others, you were the Son God,
For many, you were a prophet,
For some, you were a wonder worker
For a lot of them, you were a caring Healer,
For so many, you were a unique Rabbi,
For Your opponents you were a glutton,
A wine drinker, a mad man, a fanatic, and
As someone who is league with Beelzebul.  

But Jesus,
Who are you for me?
How do I see you?
Don't I see you and approach you mainly as someone who can favourably answer my prayers and  grant my petitions?
Don't I see you as someone who is able to punish me for my sins and for the fear of punishment don't I plead for mercy and forgiveness?
Don't come to you in supplication when in dire need?
How often do I see as someone who died for me?
How often do I see you as someone who keeps on forgiving me?
How often do I see you as the Son of God who conitnues to love me despite my repeated failures?
How often do I see you as a friend and as a well wisher?
How often do I like to think of you with gratitude?
I don't know Jesus,
Honestly I don't know
Why don't I have the zeal and the passion for you:
As someone who has been helping me,
As someone who as been forgiving me,
As someone who is patient with me,
As someone who loves me unconditionally?

Dear Jesus,
I want to feel the love you have for me.
I want to have and feel a grateful heart in me
I want to feel blessed to have a friend in you
I want to feel blessed to have a Saviour in you who died for me and who is risen to give me enduring hope to keep growing and coming closer to you!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 4th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment