Monday 21 March 2016

81/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Plot: “Here is this man performing many signs. If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him,....”(11:47-48)

81/16 My Monologues & Musings : ( Jn 11:47-57)
“Here is this man performing many signs.  If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him,....”(11:47-48)

Musings of one Pharisees….
“We were all scared when we heard Jesus, this young upstart Rabbi, had raised up the dead Lazarus to life. We were real worried about the enthusiastic support the people were offering him. We were afraid of people leaving us and accepting him. By now he had become a hero for many an ordinary Jew. This would result in loosing the hold we were having on the ordinary Jewish faithful. This would lead to the total erosion of the centuries old control we had over them. By no means he could be tolerated anymore. So we decided to eliminate him for the sake their patriarchical and ancestral Jewish faith.
Sure, we did a good job in turning the crowd against Jesus, the so called Messiah. So we plotted.
We accused him of blasphemy as well as inciting rebellion against the Romans.
Thus we secured the backing of both the Jewish Leadership and of the Roman Rulers.
So the plot was hatched.
And the dye was cast:
For the trail…
For the Crucifixion. .

Now as we look back,
How cruel we had been to him!
How determined we were to get rid of him!
How selfish we were to secure our position!
We did shed the innocent blood!
We are guilty of killing an innocent life!
We wonder :
Was he tge Messiah?”
Thank you, for your soul searching Musings

Dear Jesus,
As you know there is Pharisee very much alive and kicking!
Through my selfish interests and plans, through my sinful ways I have plotted for your life!
Not once, but many times!
Have mercy on me, Lord!
For give me, Lord!
For give!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 21st March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  





No comments:

Post a Comment