Wednesday 23 March 2016

83/12 My Monologues & Musings : The Inner Struggle : “Now my soul is troubled,

83/12  My Monologues & Musings :
The Inner Struggle :
“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”(Jn 12:27-28)

Dear Jesus,
How genuinely human you are!
Despite being the Son of God,
Your soul was troubled.
You were in severe tension.
You were neither ashamed nor bashful
To express it spontaneously
Being fully human it was natural for you
To try to avoid pain and to avert hardships.

Dear Jesus,
Though you prayed to your Father to save you from the hour of struggle, ultimately you realized that it was precisely for this you had become a human being to go through the suffering and to atone for our sins. Thank you, Jesus!
Dear Jesus,
In my case, whenever i come fac to face with tension and suffering, I try my best to avoid it.
I pray fervently to take away the tension and suffering. If my prayers are not answered, I try to run away, I try to seek comfort in other forms of apparent distractions self pitying, blaming others,  accusing of injustice, gossiping, binging, drinking and what not!
Dear Jesus,
I know that i will not grow closer to you and to my fellow humans and experience the resurrection in my life until I face ‘my hour’ and go through it without an grudges.
I guess that's the reason for my spiritual growth has been either very slow or even stunt even in my seventy.
Thank you, Jesus for showing me the way!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 23rd March 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  





No comments:

Post a Comment