Tuesday 29 March 2016

29/3/2016 My Monologues & Musings : Joseph of Arimathea

29/3/2016 My Monologues & Musings : Joseph of Arimathea


Musings of Joseph of Arimathea…
“As I reflect on those poignant yet dramatic days of the crucifixion and death of the Young Rabbi Jesus. A few of us had high hopes in him but for his daring and demanding ways which cost him his own young life! I just loved and admired him in secret. Being a member of the Supreme Council of the Sanhedrine I had to be careful in associating with him in public. Venerable Nicodemus who was yet another member of the Sanhedrine and my were the only ones who had a soft corner for young and visionary Rabbi Jesus! He was my grand nephew as his mother was my niece.
I loved him even as a boy who was very intelligent and energetic. I used to take him along on my business trip to Briton. Though he didn’t show any interest in my tin business we used to engage in lively discussions in religious matters which was very dear to his heart. He was a sort of a radical visionary who used talk about the current corrupt religious practices. He often talked about a New Kingdom of Love and Forgiveness and the Reign of his Heavenly Father.
I knew he on set on a Headon collision as took on the all powerful Religious and Political Establishment of the day. Certainly, it was corrupt to the core. But to take on was suicidal indeed! I felt real sad and sorry for his tragic crucifixion. I wanted at least give him a decent Jewish burial. I didn't care anymore about certain repercussions of openly sympathising with him. That’s why I got all the necessary permissions to take down his lifeless body from the cross and give him a decent burial according to our ancestral religious practices. I didn’t care to spend any amount of money to buy large quandaries of myrrh and frankincense. I was more than glad to offer the tomb which I had got ready for myself.
He gave a new perspective and meaning to my life which was devoid of any inner peace and harmony with my Yahweh!
Though I used to redicule him of his seemingkh utopian and impractical views,
now I think he offered his life while revealing, preaching, and practising the merciful love of Yahweh!
Indeed, He is the Promised Messiah!”

Venerable Joseph of Arimathea,
You are truly:
"a good and upright man"
who was "waiting for the kingdom of God"
Thank you for your courageous witnessing!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
How I wish to get transformed like your grand uncle Joseph of Arimathea!
I wll and i shall keep trying!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 29th March 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment