Thursday 3 March 2016

63/16 My Monologues & Musings : ( For even his own brothers did not believe in him.(Jn 7:5)

63/16 My Monologues & Musings :  ( For even his own brothers did not believe in him.(Jn 7:5)

(Jn 7:1-5)
After this, Jesus went around in Galilee. He did not want[a] to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him. 2 But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, 3 Jesus’ brothers said to him, “Leave Galilee and go to Judea, so that your disciples there may see the works you do. 4 No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” 5 For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

Musings of “his own brothers”....
“As we look back, we feel guilty, terribly guilty of what we did to Jesus, our cousin brother.  
He was just different from us, very different from us. He was always fired up with the passion for the Kingdom of God the Father. Whenever he spoke of the Kingdom and the New Law of Love we thought of an earthly kingdom, a new kingdom replacing the oppressive Herodian Kings who were just the puppets in the hands of the Roman Rulers. But he disappointed many of us. He exhorted us to love our enemies and forgive them rather than practising the Mosaic Law of an ‘Eye for an eye’.
How could ever be practising and be patriotic Jews by forgiving our enemies who kept corrupting our ancestral religion and its practices?
We thought our cousin Jesus had become mentally deranged with his utopian thinking and preaching! He used to challenge our conscience. He tried to expose the pharisaical and corrupt practices of religion and traditions. We never thought he would allow himself to be mercilessly crucified.  He could have escaped it.
We all thought that was sad end of yet another fired up and passionate messianic prophet.
But to our shock as well as to our surprise this disciples kept annoucing that he rose up from death. He was resurrected to New Life!
They celebrate his Resurrection.
May be we got it all wrong.
May be he was right about the Kingdom of heaven which starts to be experienced here on earth by all those who repent and renew!
We are sorry, deeply sorry for isolating him and abandoning him.
He must have felt terribly hurting to see his brothers turing hostile!
We are so sorry!
How we wish!
We too want to become his disciples! “

Thank you dear brothers for your honest musings.
I am no different from you in the sense that I too keep hurting him by flouting his New Law of Loving the Enemy!

Dear Jesus,
It must have been agonizingly painful:
For you to have your own brothers not believing in you!
It must have been an almost constantly hurting experience to have no support from your own kith and kin, Right, Lord?
Remember, some of your own people from Nazareth tried to push you down from the brow of the hill?
Remember, some of them even said that you are crazy with a deranged mind?
Whether their unbelief and hostile attitude are due to misunderstandings or due to prejudice or due to sheer enmity, the harsh reality is that you were unsupported and unappreciated by some of your own people.
Very painful indeed, Isn't it, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
The painful experience of prejudice and hostility from your own people was not at all due to your fault. It was not based on any reality at all. Many a times, even your disciples didn’t believe you, Right, Lord?
Helplessly painful indeed!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you everyone of those my fellow humans who do not get love and support from their siblings and relations including myself.
May everyone of them find solace and strength in your unconditional loving care! I pray that they may not become bitter and hostile themselves!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday,  3rd March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment