Monday 7 March 2016

67/16 My Monologues & Musings : How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!(Lk19:24)

67/16 My Monologues & Musings :
How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!(Lk19:24)

DearJesus,
It is so scary a statement that you have made! Are you romanticisong poverty?
Don't we need money and wealth to meet the basic needs and minimum comforts for a happy life?
Didn't you have rich friends?
Didn't you enjoy a real good meal?
Weren't Martha, Mary and, Lazarus rather rich to bought and brought expensive perfume to anoint you?
Didn't you become friends with Nicodemus  who was rich?
Wasn't Joseph of Arimethia who brought a large quantity frankincense and other spices for your burial?
You were not a radical and blind anti rich person, Were you?
I guess you wanted to highlight the dangers of the easily addictive nature of wealth and the almost insatiable greed to have always more of it, Right, Lord?

DearJesus,
As I look back at my life as a young and ambitious priest I have entertained the thoughts having lots of money to buy gadgets of every sort, to have a car and to have enough money  spend on fancy things etc.
I did indulge in them to a large extend. Being born and brought up in an above average rural agricultural middle class family from the South Western part of India I had a share of four plus acres of good  agricultural land for the last thirty seven years. Part of the income from it, the  financial help from my  relations and friends, did help me to meet many of financial needs. While studying abroad I had the rare opportunity to study and work simultaneously as Counseling Chaplin which helped me to meet all the expenses of my stay and studies as well as make some contribution to my Community.  
Working and earning money and use for my stay and studies did decently help me to a great extend my craze for money.
Thank you, for making it possible to have this experience.
Dear Jesus,
In a sense, the craze for wealth comes to me in different forms as well.. For example,  I crave for making a name for myself as Teacher, as a Pastor, as a Counselor and what not…
Dear Jesus,
Though I am in much better shape in comparison with the past years, I have still a long way to go.
I am determined to work on it and succeed.
And I shall with your help.
Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 7th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment