Thursday 10 March 2016

70/16: My Monologues & Musings : “Lord, I want to see,” ( Lk 18:41)

70/16: My Monologues & Musings :
“Lord, I want to see,” ( Lk 18:41)

Lk 18: 35-43
35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36 When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”
38 He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
39 Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
40 Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?”
“Lord, I want to see,” he replied.
42 Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” 43 Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.

Musings of the Blind Man…..
“I was a happy village boy.
My parents loved me and so were my siblings.
I used to play with my friends in the mud roads of our small little village.
Then one day, my eyes started itching and aching.  In a matter of days my sore eyes had become swollen.
I couldn't see anything!
I had become blind!
I was very uncomfortable and was crying. Though my parents got some country medicine and took me to the local Rabbi the condition became worse..
Since then I have been through hard and difficult years.
My parents died!
My siblings had their own families to care for.  
As i felt i am turning to be a burden for them i left my home and my ancestral village. Ever since i have a wandering beggar trying to make my life appealing to good will of others.
Yes,
I had been through anger and depression, disappointment and self pity and what not..
I have turned out to be rough and tough,  street smart and talkative.  
I had been very angry with Yahweh.
Yet deep down within me there was still  a glimmer of hope that some day when the Messiah comes he would heal me!
I have heard from the synagogue religion classes that one of the main missions of the Messiah was healing the sick especially giving sight to the blind! I had heard about Jesus, the wandering young Rabbi. His compassion for the sick.
He was famous for his great healing.
I always dreamed of meeting and requesting him to heal me.
I knew for certain, if i were to come close to him and call out,
He would hear and heal me!
All on sudden,
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard he is passing by.
I kept on calling out on the top of my voice to get his attention.
Son of David, have mercy on me!

Though I was scolded and ordered to be silent nothing would deter me..
No one could stop me.
Finally I did catch his attention.
He came near me asked me what I want.
Of course,  
I told him without any hesitation:
I want see again!
Right away he granted me my wish!
I looked at him.
I saw his face!
A face lit with joy.
His eyes were full of compassion.
His words were so charming as well as powerful!
He was totally mesmerising and irresistibly inviting!
I was thrilled.
So i follow him!
I am happy I did!”

Thank you,  dear Brother once blind!
I bow before :
Your indomitable will to seek healing for your eyes!
I bow before :
Your Unflinching  Optimism.
I bow before:
Your Unfailing Faith in Jesus, Son of God!
I wish!
I could be persevering and persistent like you in my determination to get mind and spirit healed!

Dear Jesus,
Nobody could stop you from healing the blind brother and give his sight back!
I know that you have the same wish for me.
It's my lethargy and laziness which hold me back from getting healed of my spiritual blindness.
I am neither persistent enough nor persevering enough to seek your healing touch!
As I am in the last lap of my life I better hurry up and experience the joy of getting healed!


Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 10th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment