Saturday 5 March 2016

65/16 My Monologues & Musings : I love to get transformed like Nicodemus ( Jn 7:45-53)

65/16 My Monologues & Musings : I love to get transformed like Nicodemus ( Jn 7:45-53)


45 Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and the Pharisees, who asked them, “Why didn’t you bring him in?”
46 “No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards replied.47 “You mean he has deceived you also?” the Pharisees retorted. 48 “Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him? 49 No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law—there is a curse on them.”
50 Nicodemus, who had gone to Jesus earlier and who was one of their own number, asked, 51 “Does our law condemn a man without first hearing him to find out what he has been doing?”52 They replied, “Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it, and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee.”

Musings of Nicodemus. ….
“My memories go back to that night when i sneaked in under the cover of darkness to meet the young Rabbi Jesus. I had heard a lot about him. He was unlike any Rabbi I have heard and known. He spoke of the merciful love of Yahweh. But had strong words of warning to those who pretended to be upright and exploited the simple faith of the ordinary Jews. Unlike those hypocritical leaders who kept away from the public sinners and despised them, this young Rabbi sought after them and enabled them to experience the loving forgiveness of a merciful Yahweh. When I met for the first time I was a bit apprehensive. He could have made use of a rare opportunity to chew me out as I was a Sadducee belonging to the powerful  establishment of the the Sanhedrin.  But to great surprise and joy he was very respectful towards me. He engaged me in a very lively conversation which made me to think and rethink the way I understood and practised our ancestral religion. I began to great respect and admiration for the young and energetic Rabbi. I did seek out opportunities to listen to his discourses.  I began to experience a kind of fresh meaning and a new direction in my life.
I had everything possible which a Jew could dream of. I had wealth, plenty of it.
I had a very good education and in fact I am a pundit of  the Jewish Law. I had a high position being of the the Seventy Legal Luminaries of the Council of Sanhedrin.
Despite all the power, position, and pelf, I do experience a kind of void and meaninglessness in my life. But ever since my acquaintance with Jesus, the Young Rabbi I do experience the caring and forgiving love. Today I don't care for all that I have acquired and amassed. I am ready to plead for him, I am ready to defend his cause even at the expense of my privileged position of authority. Never before had I enjoyed inner peace as I do now.
I am born again!”
Thank you, Venerable Nicodemus!
You are one of those persons who does fascinating me!
I wish to be reborn every day!

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for giving me Nicodemus!  
Like I want to reborn every day of my life.
I want to experience your presence in my life!
Despite my accede mic qualifications, amassing theological knowledge informations, despite being a priest for forty plus years, despite  being a pastor as well as a teacher, I am often like Nicodemus feeling empty and meaninglessness.
Do keep intervening in my life.
Do keep challenging me.
Do keep inspiring me.
I want to be born again,  again and again!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 5th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment