Friday 18 March 2016

78/16 My Monologues & Musings : “Lazarus, come out!”(Jn 11: 43)

78/16 My Monologues & Musings :
 “Lazarus, come out!”(Jn 11: 43)

Musings of an Ailing Lazarus……
“Since a month or so I had been feeling sick..  and taken ill. .
I wish Jesus, our family friend was here by my side. He would have gladly healed me!
He is far away aomewhere in northern Galilee.
Remember,  Jesus, our friend, healed every one of them who came to him asking to be healed!
Had he known that I was seriously sick, certainly he would have been right here by my bed side. I had asked my sisters to send word to Jesus that I have been sick and like very much to meet him and call upon his healing touch. I was sure if we were to get to him the news about my illness he would have surely been here.
I waited with hope for his arrival.
I knew I didn’t have the time as I was finding difficult to breath..  
Hours were inching away.
Every now and then with my blurred eyes
I would look around for Jesus, my friend.
I don't know why he hasn't yet arrived.
But I know for certain he will come..
I kept on murmuring. .  
Jesus will come… Jesus will come…
…… ……….
The next thing I remember is  me standing up at the entrance of a tomb and all wrapped up in white linen clothes,
As if I was wrapped up as a dead person!
There was in front of me Jesus !!!!      
for whom I had been waiting for ..
My sisters too are there !
There are lots of people around ..
Oh, No!
Was I dead?
Oh, boy!
I never knew anything.
I thought i had a very peaceful long deep sleep!!!
No pain..no struggling to breath!!
Slowly I come to know that I was dead for some four days!!
Was l dead?
Well, I knew our family friend Jesus would never fail me or disappoint me!
Thank you, Jesus !
A million thanks!

Dear Jesus,
You have your timing, right?
Remember, at Cana too..
You had your timing!
One thing is always clear!
You never disappoint!

Dear Jesus,
Whenever things don't happen according to my schedule, I become easily impatient!
I easily get frustrated and often I give up!
I have yet to learn to be patient!
Lord, I need to tune to your timing!

Thank you, Jesus,  
For your immense patience with me!
When will I learn to be patient with myself?
When will i learn to decern your plans for me?

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 18th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment