Wednesday 9 March 2016

69/16 My Monologues & Musings : (Jn 9: 6)They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him…

69/16 My Monologues & Musings :  (Jn 9: 6)They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him….

Jn 8:1-6
8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him….

Musings of the Scribes and the Pharisees. .
“We never even imagined that he would attach a condition to start stoning the woman accused of adultery.
He wanted the first stone to be thrown by someone who has never sinned!
Oh, No! He did hit the right button and made us to confront our own conscience!
How phony we have been!
Oh, boy! this Young Rabbi, Jesus is too smart for us.
In a sense, we were just using this woman caught in adultery as a mere pawn to corner this young upstart Rabbi.
We could care less for the braking of the Mosaic Law!  In fact,  according to the Mosaic Law both, the man and the woman caught in the act of adultery, are to be stoned, right?
But we brought only this woman.
Why didn’t we bring the man who was partner in adultery.
Why did we allow him to escape?
We wanted to test and trap Jesus.
We thought we had foolproof case.if he were to say to stone her to death, then we could turn against him and tell:
Didn't you preach to forgive seven times seventy times Seven times?  Now you are so Unforgiving g to.this woman?
If he were to say not to stone her, then we would turn around and question him to disobey the Mosaic Law!
On any case we thought we had cornered him.
But to our shock and surprise he challenged us to confront our conscience!
Ultimately we made fools of ourselves!
How mean we were to use this woman just to settle scores with him!
Yes, we are mean!
Yes, we are hypocrites!
We feel bad!
After all there is a whole lot of truth in what he preaches and teaches.
At least he is not phony and hypocritical like us!
May be he is the Messiah!”

Thank you dear Scribes and Pharisees!
For sharing your honest musings!

Dear Jesus,
I have been like these Scribes and Pharisees. Whenever my Ego is being threatened by my opponents I do use every foul means to cut them to seize.  Even I have used others as pawns jut they used this woman to trap.Jesus!
That’s part of me, Lord!
Do keep confronting me just as you did with those Scribes and Pharisee!

Dear Jesus,
I do want accept and be aware of the Scribes and the Pharisees in me.
I want to transform them so that I may a bit more mature, genuine, growing priest!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 9th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment