Thursday 31 March 2016

31/3/16 My Monologues & Musings : Cleopas in Emmaus (Lk 24)

31/3/16 My Monologues & Musings :
Cleopas in Emmaus  (Lk 24)

Musings of Cleopas after breaking the Bread at Emmaus. ….
“Oh, No!
How blind I had been!
Never to have fully seen the relevance and the inevitability of the Scriptures in the sufferings, in the Crucifixion, in the Death, and in the subsequent Resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth!
Yes,
I have listened to him,
I have talked with him,
I have witnessed his miracles,
I have experienced his compassionate love.
And I thought I have understood him.
I did admire him as a great prophet till my companion and myself experienced him at the Breaking of the Bread in Emmaus.
Yet,
My understanding of him was just partial!
It was just peripheral!
My eyes were partially blind indeed!
True,
Whenever I had met him and listened,
My heart did warm up on several occasions.
But never felt my heart burning until the on our way to Emmaus!
My heart is not only just burning but it is set aflame after recognising him at the Breaking of the Bread in Emmaus.

How many are those missed opportunities!
My heart failed to get set aflame even though I had met him and talked with him and witnessed his many miracles.
Even his crucifixion, death and the Resurrection failed to get my heart set aflame!
What was it that had been blocking my heart to get set aflame?
My partial listening to him?
My partial understanding of him?
My own preoccupation with my worries?
My own selfishness?
I don’t  know!
May be due to Everyone of the above factor!
But now my life has a new meaning and purpose as my heart is set aflame.
I want to keep on enjoying the warmth of it.
I want keep living in the glow of it.
I want to keep witnessing him for the rest of life!”
Dear Cleopas,
Thank you for sharing!
I have been partially blind not to have my heart set aflame.
Despite being a priest for over forty years, often my heart had been lukewarm!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Thank you for Cleopas!
I want to get my heart burning and get it set  aflame at the  Eucharistic Breaking!
As you know well that my heart has been lukewarm or at best occasionally warm and burning!
I want my lukewarm heart keep burning for the rest of my life!
I shall and will keep trying despite my frequent failures!

Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 31st March 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment