Thursday 24 March 2016

84/16 My Monologues & Musings : Foot Washing Jesus (Jn 13:1-14)

84/16 My Monologues & Musings :
Foot Washing Jesus (Jn  13:1-14)
“It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.
2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”9 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not everyone was clean.

12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you”(Jn  13:1-14).

Dear Jesus,
Ever since the Spontaneous Hosanna celebrations tensions have been building up for you and around you. In every sense, this evening g has been the most poignantly dramatic for you, Right, Lord?
Your Last Supper / the Passover Meal / the Gift of your Eucharist  which was fittingly climaxed with the totally Unorthodox Foot Washing.
You knew it fully well that a Rabbi never  ever washed the feet of his disciples.
Yet you did it knowingly and willingly.
You did want give your disciples and each one of us the commandment Washing the Feet of each other.
You, the Rabbi and Teacher, washed the feet of your disciples though they far from being perfect.
Dear Jesus,
It is so hard for the priest in me to wash the feet of others.
Dear Jesus,
I almost always expect others to wash my feet. The power and position of the Priest in me inevitably throws the weight around and get used to be served!
Gradually, I get accustomed to be served!
Then I begin to expect it invariably!
If for one or the other reason I don't get,
I start to demand it.
That's often my story, Lord!
Far, far away from what you have done!

Dear Jesus,
Everyday I want to make a conscious effort to wash the feet of my fellow humans:
By way of helping out,
By way of listening to them,
By way of forgiving them,
By way asking forgiveness from them,
By way of unconditionally accepting them,
By way of being patient with them,
By way of being non-judgmental.
Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Maundy Thursday, 24th March 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment