Tuesday 8 March 2016

68/16 My Monologues & Musings : The Samaritans in my life (Lk 10:33 -37)

68/16 My Monologues & Musings : The  Samaritans in my life (Lk 10:33 -37)

Dear Jesus,
Your ancestral Jewish Religion and Culture of your time treated the Samaritans Jews  as half Jews since they had lost the purity of Jewish blood through intermarriage with non Jewish population. Intermarriage was one of the worst offences a Jew could ever commit. As a result, they were despised and the Judea Jews always kept aloof from the Samaritan Jews. They never entered into marriage alliance with them.
The Samaritans Jews were treated with disgust and revulsion as they had polluted the  purity of Jewish blood. For a Judean the entire Samaritans were bad, Right, Lord?
Dear Jesus,  
It pained you much to have a blanket prejudice towards the peoe oc an entire region. Therefore you deliberately highlighted the goodness of three Samaritan individuals:
The Samaritan leper who came back to thank you after getting healed.
The Samaritan traveller who cared for the wounded Jew who was robbed and left abandoned on the road to Jericho
The wayward living Samaritan woman who became a believer in you.

Dear Jesus,
You did focus on the prejudice and the superiority complex of your own fellow Jews! You wanted them to change their self-righteous attitude.

Dear Jesus,
As I look at my life, I see a number of my fellow humans who hold and treat them as the Samaritans in my life. I have been treating them with prejudice and have dispised them in my thoughts and in my actions. I have often entertained the thoughts of “holier than thou” attitude.
The worst part of it is, whenever I had entertained such self-righteous attitude deep within me I was rotten, real rotten.
Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!

Dear Jesus,
I want keep fighting my self-righteous attitude and keep seeing those so called Samaritans on my life as Good Samaritans!


Dear Jesus,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone  of enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 8th March, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment