Friday 1 January 2016

1/16 My Monologues & Musings : New Year 2016


1/16 My Monologues & Musings : A New Year Prayer
Oh, God of all eternity,
Oh, God of times and seasons,

Thank you for the gift of 2016, the New Year.
It is your gift, purely a gift indeed!
We, Your Children, have no claim for it.
Unlike other gifts, You bestow the gift of time one second after another.
You never give them together.
Whether we use it or abuse it,
You do keep on giving it, right?

Gifts like wisdom, knowledge, health, wealth etc, you give them together.
All of your gifts can be improved or increased provided we humans work on them except the gift of time.
Thank you, Lord for the gift of  time.
Ever since i was conceived,
You keep giving me every second, every minute, every hour, every day for last 69 plus years!
As your Holy Book says:
“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven - a time to give birth, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build up. A time to weep, and a time to laugh..."
May I have gift of discerning the right time for the action which would enhance the fuller and fuller realization of your Image and Likeness in my myself as well in my fellow humans.
All through the New Year:
May all your Children be healthy and happy.
May the newborn babies grow up healthy!
May the School going Children be safe!
May all College students be successful !
May the Youth who seek jobs find then!
May the youth who get married be happy!
May the parents and their children be happy
May the families who are away  be safe!
May the Grandparents be content!
May the sick get healed!
May all those who travel be accident free!
May our leaders rightly guide our Nations!
May there be peace and harmony among all!
May different religions live in harmony.
May there be no corruption and violence!
May people of different cast live in peace
May there be no sexual violence and abuse!
May there be no economic exploitation!
May all Your Children live in peace!

Oh, God of Eternity,
Oh, God of times and seasons,
I thank you for bestowing upon me
Your gift of time from the moment
I was born till this second!
In hindsight, when I think of the way
I have handled Your precious gift of time,  
I have mixed feelings.
I have feelings of satisfaction.

Oh, God of Eternity,
Oh, God of Times and Seasons,
Many a times I have made good use of time:
As a son,
As a sibling,
As a student,
As a friend,
As a priest and as a pastor,
As a teacher,
As a fellow human.
True indeed, I could have done much better!

Oh, God of Eternity,
Oh, God of Times and Seasons,
I also have feelings of guilt and regret:
Over the wasting time,
Over whiling away,
Over not utilising opportunities,
Over being very selfish,
Over being unforgiving.

Oh, God of Eternity,
Oh, God of Times and Seasons,
How wish to thank You,
For gifting yet another year!
I honestly want to make the best use of time
I want to use your gift of yet another year
For coming  closer to you,
For growing in maturity and wisdom.
I want to keep trying everyday anew.
So help me God!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for you:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
Friday, January 1st, 2016

Dear Reader, 
Happy & Blessed New Year! 
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations
They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth.
They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me.
As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment