Friday 8 January 2016

8/16 My Monologues & Musings : Beheading of John the Baptist by Herod Antipas ( Mk 6 )

8/16 My Monologues & Musings :  Beheading of John the Baptist by  Herod Antipas ( Mk 6)

Musings of Herod Antipas
“I don't  know what to say.
But one thing I know for certain is that the world has hated me and will continue to hate me!
I do deserve to be hated.
Sure, I do!
As I have the Innocent blood of John the  Baptist who is ‘greater than a prophet’
As I spend my lady days in forced exile the evils I have perpetrated kept haunting me.
Though I was the tetrarch ruler for over forty years,
Though I have built palaces like Machaerus and cities like Tiberius thereby providing the people with employment and jobs for their livelihood,
I have been ruthless towards my own kith and kin,
I haven been of weak will.
Above all I have been morally corrupt and have been living in adultery by marrying Herodias, the wife of my co-brother.
This led me to order beheading of the saintly prophet John the Baptist.
Well, now I am dejected and depressed.
I am exiled and lonely!
I am  regretting and remorseful.
Will the Yahweh  whom I had abandoned,
Will ever forgive me?
Do I deserve forgiveness?
Can ever dark to ask forgiveness?
Herod Antipas”

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Remember,  
While You were talking about:
Herod Antipas,
You described him as the:
“leaven of Herod”
and called him “tell that fox”.
Remember:
You were made to stand before him?
But you kept your silence!
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
There is a bit of that leaven in me too!
At times, I have been a fox like him.
Above all I have beheaded the good name of many a John the Baptist in my life.
You know me through and through,
Don't You?
I gratefully acknowledge with Thanksgiving  for giving me chances and opportunities to repent and renew.
I want to keep on the process of my repentance and renewal.
Help me Lord!
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
Friday, 8th January, 2016

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment