Wednesday 20 January 2016

20/16 My Monologues & Musings : Be careful to practice your righteousness in front of others. . (Mt

20/16 My Monologues & Musings :  Be careful not to practice your righteousness in fronit of others..(Mt 6:1-4)

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
Dear Jesus,
You have quite verily highlighted one of my frequent ways doing things.
Dear Jesus,
I have a strong tendency to be seen and to be heard of whatever little good I do. I used to crave for attention and applause and still do in my own pet, subtle ways! Whenever do something good, i do want others to take notice of it and praise me! For example, after the celebration of a Holy Mass or after preaching a homily, or after conducting a class I secretly yearn for positive feedbacks and praise.
And you remind me to be beware of this tendency which can be dangerous and even detrimental to my effort to follow you.

Dear Jesus,  
It's  very difficult to strike a healthy balance. On one hand you have said
“let your light shine…”
On the hand, I have this almost insatiable thirst for attention and appreciation!
Dear Jesus,
To stick to the legitimate desires for
attention and to avoid the extreme urge for showing it off is very difficult indeed!
As you have asked to be beware the temptation to show off, I do have to struggle with my strong tendency to flaunt my so called laurels and to keep bragging about my achievements. I often imagine to be better than many. I often dream of ways and means to impress.

Dear Jesus,
You continue to gift me your Merciful Love
eventhough my repeated boasting and bragging  behaviours continue to happen!
I am humbled!
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the  Spirit
For Your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 20th  January, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment