Friday 15 January 2016

15/16 My Monologues & Musings : "..... who do you that I am ( Mt 16 : 13 -19 )

15/16 My Monologues & Musings : “.... who do you say that I am?” (Mt 16: 13-19)

“When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Dear Jesus,
You keep expecting me too an answer to the question :
“.... who do you say that I am?”
I have a ready made answer,
Which I have heard and learned,
memorized  and remember :
From my parents and grandparents,
From the Creed I have learned and i recite,
From the Sunday Sermons and preachings,
From the Catechism and Bible classes,
From the religious and seminary formation:
My answer to your question is:
That You are the Son of God.
That You are born, lived, and died for us.
That You resurrected after your death,
That You will come again!

Dear Jesus,
These answers are already in stock, ready to be retrieved from my memory, and  blurt it out whenever needed!
They are stored in the  hard disk of my internal memory and brain!
They are there dried up and devoid any zest!

Dear Jesus,
You know fully well that my knowledge of you is mainly mechanical and used for preaching and teaching on a theoretical and academic level!
That's me, most of the time, Lord!

Dear Jesus,
Except in emergency situations,
Whenever I am faced with:
Problems of health, of accidents,
Problems of exams, of competitions,
Problems of college, seminary admissions,
Problems after breaking a rule or a law,
Problems of my misconduct, misbehaving,
Problems of unbecoming ways as a priest,
Problems of my Pharisaical behaviours,
Problems of being caught doing evil actions
Dear Jesus,
Whenever I am faced with any of the above or similar problems,
Then I come to you 
rushing an running, 
pleading and promising to save myself from the uncomfortable situations  and from any after effects.
In those moments, I am head over heals for you!
But once those difficult or awkward situations ease, then
I tend to grow cold towards you,
I distance from you,
And I go back to my lukewarm and lethargic approach to you!
That's often me , Lord!
You know me quite well,  Don't You, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
How I wish to be urged for the love you!
How I wish to be fired by the zeal for you!
When will I grow up in my relationship with you?
I am nearing seventy.
I am already a priest for forty plus years!
Yet most of the time I don't have a steady warm and loving connection with you!
It is an on and off type of approach I have towards you!
I want to have a constant, steady live connection with you!
I will keep striving for it!
I know for certain I will make it!
Though at snail pace, I shall and to have the warmest personal and lively connection with you, Lord!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me! I
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me! I
Unflinching Faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 15th January, 2016

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment