Monday 25 January 2016

25/16 My Monologues & Musings : “ Or are you envious because I am generous? ” ( Mt 20 : 1-16 )

25 /16 My Monologues & Musings :
“Or are you envious because I am generous?”  (Mt 20: 1-16)

Dear Jesus,
Yes, Lord, I often feel envious!
Especially, when you are generous with others!
At times I feel miserable,
Whenever I see my Confreres, Fellow-Priests and Juniors are successful,
Whenever they are successful,
Whenever they are promoted,
Whenever they are appreciated!
I do feel envious!
I tell you, it's a terrible feeling!
I do try to minimise their success or achievements or awards!
I often tell to myself or to others something like:
It’s not a big deal!
Oh, given their abilities and the favourable circumstances, me too could have achieved the same results or even better!
Dear Jesus,
How difficult it is for me!
To see others grow up and thrive!
I often struggle with the temptation to cut them to seize or maligne their name by over exaggerating their failures and faults!
Like the workers who grumbled over the equal pay though they had worked for longer hours,
I too have been thinking that injustice is being done to me!
Dear Jesus,
I do struggle with these types of unfounded  grievances!
And at times,
I have yielded to these temptations!
Mea, Culpa! It's my fault!
Dear Jesus,  
However difficult, I do want grow out it!
Despite my repeated failures,
And I am resolved to fight it out.

Dear Jesus,
It makes me happy to know you continue to love and wait for me to grow up!
This gives me courage to fight it out.

Oh,  Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For
Your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 25th  January, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment