Saturday 16 January 2016

16/16 My Monologues & Musings : "What do want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? "(Mk 1 : 21-28)

16/16 My Monologues & Musings :
What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are— the Holy One of God” (Mk 1: 21-28)

“They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”
“Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.
The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.”

Dear Jesus,
Like the possessed man in the synagogue,
I too know that you are Holy One of God!
As a  baptized believer, as a religious and as a priest,
I know:
You are the Son of God,
You are the Savior,
You died for me.

Dear Jesus,
But at the same time, like the possessed person in the synagogue,
I seem to ask you:
What do you want with me?
Meaning thereby, I am OK.
I don't need any help.
Don't  bother me.

Dear Jesus,  
Like the possessed person,
I am often under the tight grip of thinking :

I don't need to make any changes in my life.
There is nothing seriously wrong with me.
It is others who need to change, not me!
These are the type of thoughts that keep filling my mind.

Dear Jesus,
It's a pity I don't realize:
That there are times when I am possessed with my Ego!
Whenever my Ego takes me over i want to be all over trying to throw my weight around and make my presence felt by poking my nose around!

Dear Jesus,
It is a pity that I don't  realize;:
That there times when I am possessed with jealousy, afraid of losing the the love and attention I keep enjoying.
I am often possessed with envy seeing fellow confreres and priests doing better than me!
I am often possessed with unbounded ambition!
I am often possessed with of prejudiced attitudes, with revenge filled thoughts, and with all sorts of  evil and wicked thoughts!

Dear Jesus,
What is pathetic of me, at times, is:
I am often oblivious of these possessions.
I am naive!
Like the possessed person in the synagogue I am at times totally unaware that I am possessed with these thoughts and attitudes and I consider myself OK.
At times those around me do notice that I am the total control of some sort of some of those above mentioned ed possessions.
But I keep on feeling OK!

Dear Jesus,
When you find me caught up in the grip of these possessive thoughts and attitudes,
Do shake me off from my smuggling cosiness.
What keeps amazing is your hither too patience with me and your hitherto
waiting for me  to grow up and change!
Dear Jesus,  I sure do not want want disappoint you.
I want to get rid of every attitude and thought which keep me.

Dear Jesus,
Despite all these,
I  am not  pessimistic about myself.
I am sure with your blessings, with encouragement from my fellow humans,and with my serious  efforts,
I shall break free of my possessions!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 16th January, 2016

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you






No comments:

Post a Comment