Saturday 23 January 2016

23/16 My Monologues & Musings : "...so that my joy may be in you and that your joy ma be complete. .. (Jn 15:9-17)

23/16 My Monologues & Musings : “so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete…”
(Jn 15:9 -17)

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.”

Dear Jesus,
I have often been wondering:
How could you ever be loving someone like me who keeps on disappointing you so frequently!
Dear Jesus,
It's so difficult for me to love someone who so frequently keeps on offending me.
My experience of love either in getting it or on giving has almost always been conditional. If I behave well I get love. Likewise, I feel like giving love only to those who don’t hurt me!
The idea of unconditional love is very for me to grasp.
Yet you keep loving me unconditionally irrespective of the disappointments and hurts I keep causing you!
You have been loving me unconditionally for last seventy of so yesrs!
Thouh unworthy of your unconditional love,
How blessed am I !!

Dear Jesus,
As you say, you find joy in loving me!
And you want my joy to be complete, right?
Why don't I grasp this?
Why can't I enjoy your love me?
Do I experience the joy of your love?
I wonder!

While praying and thinking of you,
I keep telling myself and to you I love you. But often it’s a lacklustre love!
Haven't you felt that way?
Yet your love for me continues to be very alive, avid, and active!

Dear Jesus,
Thank you very much for loving.
I will and shall keep trying to experience the joy of your love and relish it!
Only then, as you say:
My joy will be complete!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I hank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 23rd January. 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of personal and devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment