Friday 22 January 2016

22/16 My Monologues & Musings : Disciples and Apostles (Mt 10 : 1-15)

22/16 My Monologues & Musings :  
Disciples and Apostles of Merciful Love (Mt 10:1-15)

“Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.  These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’  Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. “Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts—  no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep.  Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting.  If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.”

Dear Jesus,
You called your disciples and entrusted them with the specific mission of mercy focusing  healing of body, mind, and soul.
You wanted them to rely mainly on Divine Providence.
As I have set out to follow you and be your disciple, I wonder how earnest I have been in the Mission of your Mercies!
How often I have lacked your merciful approach and have been very unkind to others at least in thoughts!
All the while I have been enjoying fruits of your merciful love!
Today is a very significant day for me as a spiritual son of Vincenzo Pallotti whose feast is observed and whose memory is renewed!
He dreamed of a Church in which:
Every ones becomes an apostle of Jesus
To be sent to spread the message of the
Merciful Love Of the Master!

Oh, Dear Vincenzo Pallotti,
Being your your spiritual son
I am to be be an apostle of the Lord
To spread his message of the Merciful Love.

But am I?
Many a time my behaviour doesn't match!
It is counter productive!
In the first place, to be an apostle
I must become a disciple,
A disciple whose earnestly tries to practice
The message of the Master!

Dear Jesus,
Even as I enter the evening of my life,
I am struggling to be a disciple of your
Merciful Love and Compassion.
I want to emulate Vincenzo Pallotti
In his untiring apostolic zeal
Urged by the Love for and of Christ
He tried to live a life of Merciful Love.
He tried bear and bring your Merciful Love
To everyone he came into contact!

Dear Jesus,
Despite my lethargic and half hearted attempts to be your disciple,
You continue encourage with your love.
Thank you,  Lord!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father
I thank the Spirit
For Your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 22nd January, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me who is struggling to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment