Sunday 17 January 2016

17/16 My Monologues & Musings : He who comes after me has surpassed me. .. (Jn 1:14-19)

17/16 My Monologues & Musings :  ( Jn 1: 14 - 19)
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”) Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.”
Dear John the Baptist,
You indeed are fascinating!
You had a clear vision and mission.
You are just amazing!
I do keep me gazing at you!
You were of impeccable personality!
You were a very effective Preacher!
You were an authentic Prophet!
You were courageous to face the mighty!
You were fearless to call a spade a spade!
You had acquired name and fame!
You were respected, revered, even feared!

Dear JB,
Despite all the above mentioned qualities
What stands out and strikes about you
Is
Your self effacing and unassuming nature.
The total lack of ambition in you,
The complete self abnegation of yourself.
To say
“He must increase and I must decrease”
“He who comes after me surpassed me..”
“I am not worthy even to untie his sandals.”
Is unique and unheard!

Dear JB,
Looking at myself:
I am just the opposite of what you are!
As a priest, as a pastor, and as a teacher,
I want grab all the attention I can!
I want even usurp the attention of others!
I want, if possible, be the star attraction!
I want to occupy the centre stage!
I wouldn't even mind to push others out.
So that I alone can shine out!
I wouldn't hesitate to maligne others’ name
So that I may gain name and fame!
Though I may say it or express it,
I just can't stand when others get attention.
I can't stomach when others are praised!
When my fellow priests are praised,
I feel choked up and worked up!
That's part of me!

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for gift of your cousin John to the world.
You did reserve your praise and tribute for John. You presented him to us the greatest of all human beings born of woman!
Remember, your first meeting between the two of you?
Both of you were still unborn!
But were much alive and kicking in the wombs of your mother's, right?
How I wish! I could have a fraction of the attitude of your cousin who wanted decrease and finally fade away seeing you increase and grow!
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you, the Father and the Spirit,
For Your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday,  17th January, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment