Thursday 14 January 2016

14/16 My Monologues & Musings : Quiet and Be still (Mk 4 : 35 - 41 )

14/ 16 My Monologues & Musings :  (Mk 4-35-41)

That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him.  A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

Dear Disciples,
Yes, it was real scary indeed, right?
Despite being fishermen which means you could swim and you were well used to the sea and its temper tantrums, you were terrified by the fury of the squally sea.
You even panicked, in all probability, you all would be drowned!
You were fortunate indeed to have your Teacher and Lord right with you!

Dear Jesus,
You know very well that at times my life is like a troubled sea, very turbulent within!
My mind and heart are tossed around with almost uncontrolled harmful thoughts and with virulent emotions!
I feel being tossed around.
I go desparate!
And often reach a frantic state of mind.
I get scared!
And become filled with anxieties!
Forgetting all the while
That You are there!
With me!
Within me!

Dear Jesus,
Yet when I look back at the similar situations in my past,
I do see that,
You have bailed me out! and
You have brought peace to my heart.
Thank you, Lord!
Thank you,
Lord being with me and within me!

Dear Jesus,
Whenever I am troubled,
Please do keep telling my troubled heart:
“Quiet! Be still!”
In the meantime,
I want to keep reminding myself:
“Be still and know that I am God!”

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 14th January, 2016

Dear Reader, These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a kind of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment