Tuesday 5 January 2016

5/16 My Monologues & Musings : Is this the way to talk to your Mom (Lk 2:41-52)

5/16 My Monologues & Musings :    Is this the way to talk to your Mom? (Lk:2: 41-52)

“When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom. After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.
When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."
Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house? But they did not understand what he was saying to them. Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”

Dear Jesus,  
I have always wondered about the way you answered your Mom.
Why couldn’t have you been a bit more polite?
After all, you were a minor, right?
You parents had a right to know why on earth you stayed back without letting them know, right?
Yes, to some extend they might have elr felt guilty too!
As they failed to keep regularly checking on your whereabouts.

Dear Jesus,
Why couldn't have said something  on following line:
“Look, Mom, Dad, I am sorry I didn't tell you that I am staying back.
I should have!
I am sorry to have put you through those agonizing hours!
You must have been frantic, right?
If you had said something on these above lines, you would have set a real good example for the future adolescents,
Right, Lord?

Dear Jesus,  
You could also have gently explained to your parents that:
“ I was so fascinated with discussions of the so called pundits that I forgot all about you..the trip back”..etc, Right, Lord?
Did you really retort to your Mom as is recorded?
Or is it work.of an over enthusiastic person who wanted prove that you are truly  Divine with no strings attached to mundane things?
Whatever the case may be, if you had really said so, you had a reason for it.
It is of little use for me to rake my brain about it, except for satisfying my curiosity.
But one thing is abundantly clear that you did care for your Mom even your dying on the Cross.
Besides, the Evangelist records that you grew in wisdom and age.

Dear Jesus, how I wish I had grown up in proportion to my age. Though nearing seventy I am still very much immature and am even imprudent in my ways and dealings with others.
Being a priest, that too a senior priest, I delude myself to be above all politeness.
I keep on thinking that I can just order around!
Sure, chronologically speaking, I have grown in age!
But I have yet to grow in wisdom and in maturity!
Thank you, Lord for bearing with me and with my immature ways!
I want to keep on growing in wisdom and catch up!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 5th January, 2016

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment