Friday 29 January 2016

29/16 My Monologues & Musings : “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.” (Mt 23:3, Lk 19:41)

29/16 My Monologues & Musings :  
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.”
(Mt 23:3, Lk 19:41)

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.”

Dear Jesus,
You wept over Jerusalem because the city and it's people were a symbol of tragedy of lost opportunities for growing up and coming closer to the Lord their God.
Dear Jesus, 
Haven't you been weeping over me too?
Doesn't my life make you weep as I have also willfully and otherwise missed the opportunities of growing up and closer to you and doing good for my fellow humans?
As I look at myself as a near seventy year old priest, pastor, teacher, confrere, and a fellow human being, 
I have deliberately or otherwise lost the opportunities of growing up and coming closer to you and to my fellow humans. 
This has saddened you and caused to weep over me, right?
You weep over me as I had promised much and accomplished little!
Many a times my life and actions have painfully disappointed you, Haven't I?
And a used you to weep.over me!

Dear Jesus, 
You weep for me because you love me. If you have have any love for you wouldn't weep over me, right?
It makes me weep having caused you to weep over me!
It also makes me weep out of the wonder and joy of knowing that you still love me!

Dear Jesus, 
I am resolved :
To have “a contrite spirit” for myself.
I am resolved :
To make you smile over me!
I am resolved :
To wear smile on my face and die!
And come into Your Presence!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God, 
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me! 
For Your Uncountable blessings for me! 
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me! 
For Your Unlimited Patience with me! 
For Your Unflinching faith in me! 
For Your Unfailing Hope in me! 
For Your Unconditional Love of me! 
Amen
JoAchen 
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com 
Friday, 29th January, 2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues and a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment