Thursday 31 December 2015

127 My Monologues & Musings : Thank You, Oh, God, for the Year 2015

127 My Monologues & Musings :  Thank You, God! for the Year 2015


Oh, My Loving God, My Creator and Sustainer,

Thank you, Lord, for the Year 2015.
Thank you, Lord for keeping me safe.
Thank you, Lord, for every blessing,
Blessings that are big and small!

Thank you, Lord, for keep loving me,
With your enduring and steadfast love.
Thank you for keep loving me,
Despite my disappointing behaviours.

Thank you, Lord, for keep loving me,
In spite of misusing the unique gift of time.
Thank you, Lord, for keep loving,
Despite not making use of Opportunities.

Thank you, Lord, for your limitless patience,
Even when I repeatedly ran away from you.
Even when I often ran after my selfish plans
Even when I committed the same mistakes.

Thank you, for your unfading hope in me.
Even when I myself gave up hope to grow.
Thank you, for your unconditional love
Even when I had conditional love for you!

Oh, my Loving God, let me pray with David,
“Lord, you have been our dwelling place
throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the whole world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
You turn people back to dust,
saying, “Return to dust, you mortals.”
A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Relent, Lord! How long will it be?
Have compassion on your servants.
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
May your deeds be shown to your servants,
your splendor to their children.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
establish the work of our hands for us—
yes, establish the work of our hands.” (parts of PS. 90)

Oh, my  Triune God,
my Creator,
my Sustainer,
my Deliverer,
my Comforter,
You keep calling me a blessing as you did call Abraham.
In fact, in your eyes, every human is a blessing, right?
As you know fully well I have had my own plans!
I have misinterpreted them as your plans for me.
Thus I have made mistakes big and small.
Thank you! my God my Creator!
Thank you for creating me in your image and likeness and bringing me into this world through my parents!
Thank you, for seeing me through 2015.

Oh, God of time and seasons,
At the end of the year
I keep asking myself:
How often have i been a Dictator of times?
Dictating times and opportunities
To dance to my Selfish tunes.
I keep asking myself:
How rare have i been a tutor of times?
When I tried to learn from my mistakes.
May a times all through 2015
I have been a dictating my plans and needs.
Rather than tutoring myself to learn.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you
for keep loving me,
for keep saving me,
for keep forgiving me,
for keep forbearing with me,
for keep giving me yet another birthday!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for my parents, through whom
I was brought into the world.
My dear parents,
Thank you my loving mother and father,
thank you for cooperating with the Creator and bringing forth into this world!
Thank for your love!
Thank you for offering your lives for me!
I consider my myself a blessing!
I want to keep trying to be as worthy as possible of being a blessing in the eyes of my Creator and in your eyes as well.
Thank you!
And I want to keep trying
myself to be a blessing you are proud of.
Oh, my God, my Creator,
I want to spend the rest of my life singing your blessings, your manifold blessings you had been showering on me!
'Bless the Lord my soul!'
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 31st December 2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com

Dear Reader,
These Reflections  are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment