Monday 14 December 2015

121 My Monologues & Musings : International Mountain Day

121 My Monologues & Musings : International Mountain Day

Oh, God of Mountains and Hills,
Mountains and Hills have always caught the fascinating of us humans.
They are majestic and mysterious.
Almost every religion and every faith has its worship intimately intertwined with mountains and hills.
In the Judeo-Christian faith, starting from Mount Moriah of Abraham and Isaac, Mount Sinai of Moses,
Mount Zion of Yahweh,
Mount Carmel of Elijah,
Mount Hermon of the Psalmist,
Oh, God, You have been:
Indwelling and Inspiring,
Instructing and Informing Your Children.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
You started out from the
Mount of Temptations.
You had spent forty days and nights,
Aone with Your Father, Didn't you?

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Often either early in the morning
Or late in the evening, you went up
To the hills to be alone and to pray!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
The Mount Tabor Experience was peek into your Divinity.
Like Peter, I love to be up in the clouds always, without any hassles and hardships.
But you keep reminding me as you did with Peter, that real life is below down.
You did experience the hardships a number of times and finally at the Base of Mount  Olives on Gethsemani which took to the Mount Calvary, right?
Yet it was not the End as many thought and had wanted.
There was Resurrection culminating in your Ascension on Mount Olives!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
May we respect and reserve the Mountains and Hills and use them only in a constructive manner!

Oh,Jesus, My Lord and My God,
These days, we, your children ravage the hills and mountains ridding of their mystique and mysteriousness.
Very systematically we deforest them.
Very shamelessly we denuded them.

Oh, Jesus My Lord and My God,
May we your children rediscover
Our lost Solitude and Silence.
May we foster the habit of searching
For our ‘little hills’ of prayer!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for blessing me
With the privileged opportunity
To find a perching on a Hilltop Shrine!
I do relish the solitude and silence up here!
May I keep on discovering and nourishing On your Silent Presence in this Solitude!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 11th December, 2015
International Mountain Day

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me,
as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment